San Diego Defective Product Injury Lawyer
California Product Liability Attorney
Serving San Francisco, Phoenix, Las Vegas
When a product is named in a recall by a government agency or by a manufacturer, that is a clear sign of a defective product. Many other defective products go undetected until someone suffers severe injury or loss as a result of their use.
Consumers are right to expect that manufacturers, advertisers and vendors will keep health and safety in mind in the marketplace. Companies that make and sell products owe a duty of care to the public who will consume those products. In recent years, large-scale cases involving defective products have brought to light the extent and depth of negligence that sometimes prevails with regard to products marketed to the public:
- Firestone tires were defective, resulting in many deaths and injuries on the road.
- Phen-fen, a weight loss drug, caused injury and harm to many consumers.
- Breast implants leaked inside women's bodies, resulting in serious injuries.
- Toyota accelerators stuck at full throttle, sending many drivers and passengers to their doom.
Other examples of defective products that have harmed many people have included the following:
- Baby cribs, baby furniture
- Baby food
- Water heaters
- Auto parts
- Power tools
- Non-fireproof pajamas
- Chinese toys full of lead
- Household products
- Medical devices
- Nutritional supplements
- OTC (over-the-counter) medications
- Weight loss products
- Sexual enhancement products
- Heavy equipment
Campbell, Lauter & Murphy, Attorneys at Law, is a well-established personal injury law firm, founded in San Diego, ready to evaluate your potential product liability case involving a defective product.
Please note that in some instances, we will defend businesses against defective product claims. Our knowledge of both sides of the legal fence enhances our ability to represent any client in a case involving an allegedly defective product.
San Diego and San Francisco Defective Product Injury Lawyers
Schedule a consultation with a California personal injury attorneys who will put your best interests first while working diligently to achieve a resolution of a defective product claim. Contact us by phone or e-mail.